- Simple - Direct editing of images
- Dynamic - Dynamic Cropping, Downloading and Auto Uploading options.
- Performant - Optimized for fast performance.
- Cross Browsers - Picture Editor is Cross Browsers compatible and fully mobile responsive design and adapts its interface to fit size of any device automatically
- Filters – Picture Editor comes with many built in filters like grayscale, blur, black & white, vintage and more.
- Customizable Tools – All tools are fully customizable, you can remove or modify and add custom stickers, shapes, fonts, frames and more.
- State – Save current editor state in json format, allowing for functionality like pre-built templates.
- Photo Manipulation – Resize, crop, transform and more.
- Frames – Add built-in responsive frames to photo of any size or add your own frames.
- Draw – Powerful free drawing tool supports both mouse and touch, has multiple brush types, colors and more.
- Corners – Image corners can be rounded with one simple click.
- Crop – Crop photo to one of specified aspect ratios or let user select custom crop zone via UI.
- Text – Full support for adding text to images. Several hundred of google fonts can be used or only custom added fonts.
- Shapes – You can in-built Custom shapes to your images.
- Stickers – Add Custom stickers can be added or removed. Any type of image can be used as a sticker.
- Corners – Image corners can be rounded with one simple click.
- Design your own – Picture Editor does not have to edit existing photo, custom images can easily be created from scratch as well.
- History – All editor actions are non destructive and can be easily undone and redone via history tool.
- Objects – All objects like stickers, shapes and text are on their own layer and can be easily moved, resized, deleted and modified by changing their color, adding shadow, background and more.
- Patterns and Gradients – All objects can be filled in with many built in or custom patterns and gradients.
- Saving – Modified image can be easily saved.
- Zoom – Photos can be zoomed and panned using mouse, mouse wheel, or touch and pinch gestures on mobile devices.
- Technology – Picture Editor uses native HTML5, which means it works on every device.
- Download Image - Download image at any time.
- Free - It’s completely free online picture editor.
What is the meaning of Picture editing?
Picture editing in simple words means modifying the original picture, manipulating it in a desirable way in order to enhance its appearance. We are looking into a wide scope when we speak about editing a picture. Starting from editing basic parameters of the image like brightness and contrast, to morphing and manipulating the image, all fall under the term ‘picture editing’. Based on the purpose of use, the term can convey a different meaning to the user.
Picture editing these days is considered to be an art where an editor (person) uses his or her creative abilities to make the picture look better. The ability to alter various parameters is at hand’s reach however, getting that perfect mix is what will make the picture stand out. Training the eye is much required which will need you to be seasoned along with other creative editors.
How can I edit my photo?
During the times when photos had to be printed on photo-chemical papers, editing was done by hand. Artists used brushes and inks to add or remove features of an image and, these types of editing required highly skilled artists. Advancement in computer technology has made editing easy these days where a picture can be edited before being printed. Technically called as ‘Graphics editing’, an image can be edited on a computer, and 70% of the time, even by a person with very little artistic skills. The rendering part is completely done by the computer and the application where in the input for such changes is given by the editor (person).
Now, answering the question, you can edit your photo using a graphics editing tool on a computer. Based on the need, and the type of photo that has to be edited, you can choose a tool that best suits you. You need to start by asking yourself these three questions:
- 1. What changes do I need?
- 2. Do I have time to do a detailed edit or do I need a quick fix?
- 3. Am I looking for a computer based application or a web based tool?
While those questions help you to choose the tool, the following questions will help you narrow down on the parameters that need changes:
- 1. Am I looking for a basic edit in my picture?
- 2. Do I need any objects in my current picture?
- 3. Do I need to extensively manipulate my image?
What is the basics of image editing?
If you have read my previous blogs, you would’ve noticed the terms ‘brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness’ being repeated quite a number of times. Well, those are the answers to this question. These are the building blocks of an image. The light that enters the lens of a camera will constitute all the above said parameters, and altering them post image capture will be the basic edits. All photo editors will have the capacity to touch these parameters to perfecting levels. Choosing a photo editor for this need is purely dependant on the application handling capability of the user.
Brightness – Pictures that were clicked in a badly lit environment can be corrected by changing these levels. However, any photo that was over exposed or extremely under exposed will lose details and hence cannot be corrected at all.
Contrast – Altering the contrast will help in boosting the contrasting colors in order to make the photo look rich.
Saturation – Increasing or decreasing the saturation helps in correcting colors in an image. In most cases, editors edit the RGB (Red, Green, and Blue) parameters of an image.
Sharpness – The name says it all. Increasing sharpness will provide more details to the edges of an object in the image.
Why is photo editing needed?
Pictures that need to be used for professional display needs to have an acceptable quality. Companies that depend hugely on the internet for businesses and marketing have the separate workforce to edit pictures or in most cases outsource the job to smaller companies. E-commerce giants like Amazon, E-Bay, etc. are good examples of this. These companies have a dedicated workforce to monitor the vendor or seller provided quality of the photo and carry out corrections in them to a certain extent. This gives a better buying experience for the customers as they would be able to look at what they are buying in a better way.
Photo editing is also needed for most businesses these days due to the need for companies to adapt to digital marketing techniques. In any digital marketing, the idea would be to create an impressive media content that stays in people’s mind, therefore, creating a brand value. The great struggle for creating brand value and brand-based image delivery leads entrepreneurs to invest a humongous sum in photo editing.
Apart from business branding and marketing point of view, photo editing has also been extensively used in creative photography. Wedding photography, photos for magazines, newspaper articles, etc. would need high quality content in order to reach the desired audience. Picture Editing has become a mandatory skill that any photographer should possess. This is mainly because not everything that the artist desires comes straight out of the lens and the result that he or she is looking for can only be achieved through post-processing.
What do Picture editors do?
Picture editors can be considered as the person who edits the photo and also as the application that helps you with the edits. In this question, we will be looking at people who edit the picture. An editor’s main task would be to post-process an image. It can be any form of edit starting from basic modifications to a complete manipulation. A very common misconception is that the editors have to be photographers. This is not the case and photography and editing are two different things. However, possessing these two indivisible skills, these days can be an asset.
What is paint image editing?
If you are an MS Windows user, you must have come across an inbuilt image editor called MS Paint. This is a free tool that comes with MS Windows operating system and it is a decent tool to edit raster images.
Confused what a raster image is? Read this article to know more. However, let me give you a stint of what it is. Images are broadly categorized into 2 types when it comes to editing namely, raster images and vector images. Raster images have the most famous compression format JPG, GIF and PNG. Any modifications that need to be done to raster images will modify the pixel’s brightness and color thereby rendering an edited image.
Can you edit a JPEG image?
JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, the name of the group that created this extension. JPEG is one of the most commonly used digital image compression formats that has smaller size in exchange for reduced picture quality. This is the reason why IT guys call it the ‘lossy compression’ type. However, the degree of compression can be adjusted during the storage process giving the users an ability to choose the sweet spot between size and quality. Want high picture quality with dynamic editing options? Click here to read about RAW images.
JPEG is the compression adapted by most digital cameras and mobile phone cameras. The reason is obviously to transmit and receive images that can be stored in those devices. (If the images are clicked always in RAW format, you would need the biggest hard disk connected to your device to click just a little over 50 photos). Since this is the format in which the cameras store an image, we have methods to edit it as well.
What is photo retouching?
Photo retouching is the method through which an image is edited to get it ready for the final presentation. This is a term commonly used by all picture editors (person) but specifically by modeling photographers and editors.
What is a photo editing app?
Photo editing app or application is a software program consisting of photo editing tools with which editors (person) alter the parameters of an image. The term is mostly used to describe a program that runs on smartphones contextually but can also be used to refer to computer programs. The main work of a photo editing app is to help with cropping, touch ups, organizing a group of images into a collage, creating slideshows and to do parametric changes of an image.
How does the Photos app work?
At some point in life, we all must have used an iPhone or any Apple product. And during this time you must have noticed that the ‘gallery’ of Apple products is actually ‘Photos’ and this app is used to display the clicked, downloaded and transferred photos. Previously Apple used something called the iPhotos and this has been replaced these days by Photos for Mac and My Photo Stream tool helps in synchronizing the photos throughout all i-devices.
What do you mean by image editing?
Image editing means the modification of an already existing image in order to produce desired results. There are different image editing options and on a broad criteria, it is divided into 3 types;
- Basic photo edit
- Detailing or retouching
- Graphics manipulation
Destructive Image Editing
The original image that was imported into the image editing app will be manipulated just like that and goes to a point where it cannot be reversed. Just as the name goes, this type of image editing will destruct the originality of the picture.
Non- Destructive Image Editing
This type of image editing is the most preferred as the originality of the image is retained wherein the edits are done on layers. The edited layers can be toggled on and off in order to view the original picture any time and it is easy to discard the edits if the results are undesired later on.
How do I edit photos in Photos app?
Photos app is a native application of iOS devices that can be used to store, view and edit photos that were clicked on the same device or a connected iOS device. We did speak a little about how to edit pictures in Photos app above and now let’s get into a little more details.
This simple yet quite powerful app contains many features than what we understand at first glance. Apart from the sharing ability that is quite extensively spoken of on the internet, there are also a few really interesting editing options that are provided.
Details on the controls
To edit, open the desired photo and on the top right corner, you will find the ‘Edit’ button. Upon clicking the button you will be taken to the editing pane of the app. Now if you are in the ‘shared’ window of the app, it will ask you to import the photo into your library before editing. Now if you need to have a good view of the photo while editing, it is good practice to expand the window to a full screen and to do that click ‘Full Screen’ option in the View option.
The non-destructive editing feature is probably the best feature of this app. Applying filters before and after clicking can be done thanks to this feature. (This is something that I enjoyed the most. (Did you know that filters applied while capturing an image can be removed or modified later on?). Any modifications can be reverted at any point in time. After you click that ‘OK’ button and come out of the editor completely, you can still go to the edit option and alter the parameters from where you left.
- Zoom – Zooming in and out can be performed using the mouse or by sliding two-finger if the trackpad is used. In the keyboard, holding ‘CMD’ and clicking ‘+’ or ‘-’ will also do the same function and this is given for people who find using the keyboard to be comfortable (or at least a few times).
- Curves – This pro-editing feature is a great tool when you are looking to adjust brightness, contrast, and colors. If you have already used curves in Adobe Photoshop, then this should work pretty well for you. Adjusting tonal range using color curves, lightening a dark portion, increase contrast and shifting colors are few of the many capabilities that you can get with this feature.
- Filters – With a range of excellent pre-sets, adding filters becomes very interesting using this app. Vivid, Dynamic, and Black & White with temperature setting options are the new filters that Photos offer.
- Editing photos using third party apps – Photos allows the users to edit a photo using third party applications. Clicking ‘Other’ option from the ‘Edit With’ menu lets you choose the supported third party app. Users can use all the features of that particular third party app to edit the photo and all the modifications are saved in Photos library.
What is basic photo editing?
This question is slightly different from the previously discussed ‘basic image editing’. While we saw the basic features or parametric changes that are associated with the image, now we will be seeing it from a little different angle.
Prerequisites for basic photo editing
- Shooting format – Any digital camera (from the mobile camera to DSLRs) by default stores the clicked photo in a lossy compression format. If you are wondering what that means click here. In short, all image formats that we have heard are mostly lossy formats. JPG compression is the default format that is chosen by most digital cameras. By not choosing the RAW format, you are letting the camera to remove a few details that the sensor thinks is not important.
- RAW format – If you haven’t noticed, every camera that has a manual mode (mostly) will have a feature called raw format. ‘Raw’ is what light goes into the lens without any compression and is mostly preferred for editing photos because all the data is intact. File size may be too big but once you are satisfied with the edit that you have made, you can always save it as a JPG which reduces the size to a considerable rate.
Basics of editing
Once you start with the raw format, everything is in your control. All that we do in a basic photo editing is the correction of color, brightness, and contrast.
Why is photo editing needed?
Photo editing has become inevitably important for most businesses. In most cases, the desired results are not what are captured using a camera. We all appreciate good photos and the quality of a photo or photographic work communicates the value of the person or brand that is displaying it. Starting from hobby photography to commercial studio clicks, photo editing is required to bring out the best of what is captured.
What does photo restoration mean?
One of the important reasons why people like to photograph a scene is to remember what they did or saw. The word restore means to bring back the life into something. When we apply this logic to photo restoration it means that you will be fixing a photograph that is probably damaged in some way. This damage may include natural environmental damage such as air or dirt, the damage was done by a person such as under maintaining a photo or being affected by the passage of time thus making it duller in appearance. Essentially you will be bringing the photograph back to its former glory.
How do you remove something from a photo?
Many a time we may come across the need to remove certain objects or people from our photographs. These could be because you clicked the photo at the wrong time or you want to remove certain people from an already existing photo. You may like the photograph partially but may want to remove that particular detail. You don’t need any special skills to do this but just a few apps in your pocket.
What are the principles of editing?
When editing images you are making changes to something. There are always principles when change is involved. The first principle when it comes to editing a photo is never to lose the original file. The original is an important piece to which you can always come back to if ever your editing has gone too far and in the wrong direction. To combat this you should make a copy of the original and only work on that copy. This is not only a way of avoiding making mistakes on the original but it’s also a way for you to try on different effects on the base file. If you make all your edits on the original file and you wanted to do another edit from scratch you won’t have anywhere else to go.
What is a synonym for photo?
Here are some synonyms of photo: pic, shot, image, snap, picture, and snapshot.
How do I learn to edit photos?
The simple answer is to train yourself with a professional. While some amateur photographers would want to take their new passion to the next level, they may also get stagnant at one point of time or the other. The improvement curve from that point will probably reach a plateau resulting in even loss of interest. Use your motivation to layout a fool-proof plan to continuously improve your skills by doing internships (even unpaid) and paying some professionals to let you shadow them during their course of work.
How do I edit the text in a picture?
If ever in your life you were working in a corporate office, working with a lot of powerpoint presentations, you will probably know what is the easiest way to edit a text in a picture. Placing an overlay of the same color on the text that you do not need and writing another text on top. While this can be done quickly, this may not be the best option when it comes to professional photo editing. There are professional tools like ‘clone’ in most photo post processing applications to help with this task.
Select the ‘clone’ stamp tool first from the pallet on the left. Hitting Alt + left click lets you pick a place from where you would like to copy and clicking the left mouse button on top of the text helps you clone it with the copied patch. As you move, the selection area also moves to make it easy to clone the entire text without having to select new places every time.
The simpler way in Photoshop would be to select the text using the selection tool and filling it with the same color as the background. This again works only if the background is a solid color.
Why do we edit pictures?
Photographers never put up an unedited photo on their portfolio. Editing pictures are not faking a piece of information. It’s not about exaggerating information about a place. Professionals like to address it as ‘beauty enhancing’ tools where the existing information of a photo is augmented to make it more pleasing and balanced.
Every photographer is an artist and every artist will present their material in the best possible way. While having the right tool, in this case, a good camera, can help, it’s basically the coordination of your eye and brain that can bring out the beauty in a scene. Photo editing is a great solution to bring a clicked image to perfection.
Like we discussed, every photo taken using a camera will be automatically saved as JPG. What happens there is that the camera makes certain decisions on what information to keep and what to delete. It also decides what parameters to adjust to make it better. If you click a JPG image and a raw image of the same object, chances are the JPG version will look better. This is primarily because the camera has enhanced it based on its intelligence. In raw format, the option is given to the user to define the parametric values using a software application on a computer or a mobile device. Now this gives a whole different perspective, doesn’t it? If you are one of those people on Instagram who used a hashtag with no-edit, you are technically wrong since the camera had already decided on how to minimally edit your image to make it look good.
Should photos be edited?
Let me put the answer to you simply. Yes, photos should be edited. Most people walk around not knowing the importance of editing pictures. This is because almost all of us have unlimited storage on our devices and we go crazy clicking pictures. We end up with a truck load of pictures, say after a trip or after a family get together, that by the time we are done with the picture taking we don’t bother to edit them as we have just too many photos to go through and edit.
What do professional photographers use to edit photos?
Most professional photographers use complex editing software on a Mac or a Windows computer. This is because they use these tools to highlight the good parts in your photograph which a normal person finds hard to spot. They also use it to bring to your attention to key areas in your image and basically make your image the best that it can be.
How can I remove text from a picture?
Removing text from a picture can be done easily like joe objects are removed from pictures. Many tools such as the cloning tool in photoshop, other tools in Coral Draw and Gimp can be used as well.
What is editing in photography?
Editing in terms of photography is the changing up of your photographs before or after clicking them. The photos that you take can be anything from digital images to illustrations of things or even film. There are many types of ways you can edit in terms of photography and this can be done by airbrushing or manually by hand. The manual method is sometimes very difficult to do and that is where applications like Photoshop and Lightroom come into the picture. They help ease these processes of editing by giving you preset tools that apply effects directly to your image. Many of our photos are enhanced with the help of these tools and a click of a button. Sometimes photos are edited to fix the mistakes that were made when clicking the photo or to make memes that spread virally online. The reason why these pictures popular is that most people find them funny.